- Shipping standards for the freight can be quite different from other parcel delivery services such as UPS and FedEx. Parcels are generally smaller, lighter weight, boxes. The maximum weight for most parcels is approximately 65 pounds. Office furniture typically weighs more and the cartons are usually larger. These shipments are performed by freight companies using a common carrier.
- Our manufacturers determine whether your shipment will be performed through a parcel carrier or via common carrier. When a common carrier freight truck delivers your shipment, they will only deliver to a street address, not to a particular office or suite within your building unless prior arrangements are made. The common carrier driver will park his truck in an accessible location, open the rear door, and move your cartons to the rear of the truck and their job is complete. It is the customer recipients responsibility to move the cartons from the rear of the truck into the home or office building. It is the responsibility of the receiving party to inspect and offload all cartons.
- Additional services such as INSIDE DELIVERY can be arranged, but must be requested prior to placing your order. Our company will contact the manufacturer per your request for inside delivery quotations or any additional services. ALL inside delivery or additional services must be arranged and paid for prior to delivery without exception.
- Common carrier shipments DO NOT include INSIDE DELIVERY. This is considered an extended service and must be quoted and paid for prior to ordering.
- Made-to-order, customs, special orders, or any non-inventoried products are not returnable.
- Our FREE freight policy also includes delivery to facilities equipped with a standard height loading dock. If your facility does not have a standard height receiving dock or a fork lift and your freight is too heavy to physically remove from the truck, then you may want to consider an optional LIFT GATE service.
- LIFT GATES are mechanical devices which are attached to the back of specially equipped trucks. They allow the driver to lower your shipment to ground level for an additional fee. We would be happy to provide a quotation for LIFT GATE service prior to placing your order.
- When we provide a quotation for INSIDE DELIVERY services, the driver must be able to use a pallet jack to move palletized freight. This means the route to your facility must offer clear and adequate space to accommodate the width of a pallet and the cartons on the pallet.
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY COSTS WHICH MAY APPLY
- $200.00 delivery surcharge for zip codes in remote locations (please call us for details).
- $50.00 delivery surcharge for zip codes beginning with 100 through 104, and 110 through 116 (Areas include Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, and Western Nassau County)
- $50.00 surcharge for refusal prior to actual delivery.
- If carriers are required to store your shipment due to inability to make delivery, storage charges may be assessed at the expense of the customer.
- Please do not sign shipping documents prior to full and careful inspection. Please make sure to count all cartons to make certain you have received all cartons specified in the bill of lading prior to approval.
*IMPORTANT: Upon receipt of your shipment, carefully inspect the packaging and notate ANY carton damage directly on the receiving documents or bill of lading prior to the drivers departure. Please notate any signs of rough handling on the delivery documents at the time of delivery. If you notice cartons are dented or show evidence of potential damage, please make on note of this on the receiving documents; this helps us insure a positive outcome regarding any freight claim that may develop.
*If you have the ability to take pictures of the damage, please do so. A cell phone picture is acceptable. Please take a picture of the box or pallet where rough handling occurred and try to take detailed pictures of any dented, pierced, or rough handled cartons and be sure to notate this on the receiving documents prior to approving your delivery.
- If there is obvious damage to any product, please reject that item and only accept undamaged items.
- It is extremely important to follow these steps closely. Failure to follow this process could result in rejection or disqualification of any subsequent freight claim. Good notation and pictures help to legitimize and expedite any freight claim which may arise.
- If the freight has been accepted and damage is found after receipt, there is still the possibility that we could assist you by filing for concealed freight damage. If this occurs, send us an email with the details and description of the damage, along with pictures to document any damage.
FREIGHT DAMAGE OR SHORT SHIPMENT CLAIMS MUST BE FILED WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER; WITHOUT EXCEPTION. These terms are universal for freight carriers.
- Honoring concealed damage claims is at the sole discretion of the individual freight carrier; we make no expressed or implied guarantees regarding replacement for concealed damage.
How will my furniture be delivered?
Method of shipment may vary depending upon the size of the item(s) being ordered. Product dimensions and specifications are available on each product page. Please call us at toll free at (800) 867-1411 with any delivery questions or special needs and we will do our best to accommodate you.
UPS and FedEx deliveries to commercial businesses will be brought inside your building. If you require additional services, please call (800) 867-1411 and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Loading Dock or Common Carrier Deliveries: For business address deliveries; your order will ship tailgate delivery, meaning the furniture will be delivered to your dock, or, if there is no delivery dock at your business, customer assistance will be required to take the product off the truck. If you need inside delivery or have special needs, please specify this in the shipping instructions/order comments area at time of checkout or call us at (800) 867-1411 to confirm prior to delivery. Additional charges may apply for additional delivery services.
For Home Office/Residential Address Deliveries; you will be asked to accept tailgate delivery. Tailgate delivery means that customer assistance will be required to remove cartons from the rear of the delivery truck. Per your request, we can arrange for the trucking company to call you 24 hours prior to delivery to help you prepare and coordinate receipt. If additional labor is required for receipt of any tailgate delivery, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to arrange and provide for this.
If I am not able to receive a delivery, will OfficeAnything.com leave the merchandise at my door or in a location that I specify?
Most office furniture shipping via UPS or FedEx Ground will typically be left at your door if you are not there at the time of delivery. However, common carrier deliveries require you to be present at the time of delivery.
May I request a specific delivery date?
We pledge to do our best to help you arrange for a mutually convenient delivery time frame. However, because delivery times are scheduled at the discretion of the freight carrier, we cannot guarantee specific delivery times. Please notify us when placing your order if you have specific needs, requirements, or limitations.
When will my order ship?
Most inventoried products on our site will be shipped within 1 to 2 business days from date of purchase. Extended lead times may occur when ordering custom seating or furniture. If you need to identify an approximate lead time for any product, please contact us directly at (800) 867-1411.
What is our satisfaction guarantee?
We are committed to providing you the most complete selection of quality office furniture available at the lowest possible cost with free shipping. We will always treat you with trust and respect. You will be assisted by the most helpful product experts in the business. We stand behind everything we sell at OfficeAnything.com. We pledge to provide you with outstanding customer care, and the absolute best online shopping experience available. We believe in earning your trust every day by providing expert service before and after the sale.