1.) Space Planning
Before you rush out and purchase new office furniture for your boardroom, take the time to properly measure your space. There's nothing worse than investing in all new furniture, only to find that it doesn't fit upon arrival. When measuring out your interior, be sure to take note of all the power outlets, windows, doorways, and room obstructions that will affect the way your furniture is situated. Take your time on this step. It lays the foundation for a successful remodel.
Tips For Success:
- Sketch out your space on paper
- Write down your dimensions
- Take note of all power outlets, windows, doorways, and room obstructions
- Double check your measurements for accuracy
2.) Set A Budget
Once you've got you know what's going to fit, it's time to set a budget. Do a little research online to determine the items you'd like to incorporate and how much they cost. Below we've listed a few popular lines that offer everything needed to design a functional boardroom that's up to date with the latest trends.
Popular Boardroom Furniture Lines:
- Medina - Affordable, stylish finish options, power ready tables, and typically in stock
- Zira - High end, designer finishes, advanced power options, extensive component selection
- Amber - Very cost effective, 6 popular finishes, expandable tables, ships quick
- Superior Laminate - Budget friendly, practical, 5 finishes, typically in stock
3.) Order Finish Samples
It's always a good idea to order finish samples before purchasing new furniture. The swatches you see online always tend to look slightly different in person. The good news is, finish samples are free and ship quick.
4.) Set A Timeline
Many of the headaches associated with office remodeling projects revolve around unrealistic timelines for completion. You should plan for the process to take 2 to 3 weeks from start to finish. The space planning, budgeting, and finish sample ordering steps should take about a week. Once complete it's time to shop and get your products ordered. If you purchase in-stock products, they should arrive within 5 to 7 business days. The installation process should only take another day or two. Alternatively, if you purchase custom boardroom furniture for your business, your timeline will be extended. Plan accordingly.
5.) Know What You Need
All too often, furniture shoppers over-purchase. This commonly results in overcrowded interiors that can't perform at a high level. It's best to focus on priority items, then re-evaluate once they've been installed.
- Functional Table
- Wall Cabinet
- Presentation Board
6.) Avoid Mix-Matching
We highly recommend selecting furniture from a full service collection. If you purchase a boardroom table from one manufacturer, chairs from another, and accents from a third, things can get a bit tricky. Right out of the gate you'll have to prepare for 3 separate deliveries! This can be avoided if you source your products from a single manufacturer and furniture dealer. Below are a list of companies that have everything you need for your remodel.
Best Boardroom Furniture Brands:
- Global Furniture Group
- Cherryman Industries
- Offices To Go
7.) Maximize Your Budget
There's tons of great ways to maximize your boardroom remodeling budget. From free shipping to bulk discount pricing, don't miss out on the chance to save by not doing your homework.
Ways To Save On Boardroom Furniture:
- Find a dealer that offers free shipping with no order minimums
- Inquire about quantity deals and bulk pricing
- Look for coupons and promo codes
- Signup for dealer newsletters
- Ask about clearance offers and closeouts
7.) Prepare For Delivery
Once you've ordered the components for your boardroom, contact your dealer direct to inquire about estimated ship-times and tracking information. This should be provided, but it never hurts to call. Approximately 3 days before your new furniture arrives, clear out your space. Now is the perfect time to patch up any unsightly wall scuffs and lay on a fresh coat of paint. Those who try to install furniture and then paint around it typically regret it!
8.) Don't Be Scared of Assembly
Office furniture assembly is pretty simple, especially when it comes to boardroom components. Most table tops attach easily to bases and can be fully assembled in less than 30 minutes with a two-person team. Wall cabinets and presentation boards usually ship assembled and just have to be unboxed. You'll likely spend the most time assembling your boardroom chairs as there will be several of them. The first one will take about 30 minutes, but once you've figured out the process it's nothing to be afraid of. If you feel like installation will be too much to handle, call the pros and get a quotation. This will require a bit of scheduling, but for larger projects it might be necessary.
- Know when your furniture is arriving
- Assemble a 2 to 3 person team
- Create a staging area
- Don't take all of your furniture into the space at once
- Unbox and assemble items individually
- Take items into your space one at a time
- Have basic tools on-hand
- Wipe down furniture after assembly (it will be dusty from the cartoning)
9.) Take Your Space To The Next Level
With your table and chairs fully installed, you're probably looking for ways to take your interior to the next level. Rest assured, there's plenty of options. Check out the list below!
Ways To Boost Your Boardroom:
- Wall Mounted Smart-TV
- Area Rug Under The Table
- Wall Art
- Attractive Lighting Fixtures
- Universal Power Modules
- Beverage Cart
10.) Host A Trial Meeting
With your space complete, give it a trial run!
- Vacuum the floors and clean your furniture to ensure it's looking spiffy.
- Make sure your conference table power options are working correctly.
- Ensure your chairs are operating properly and set to a comfortable height.
- Stock your wall cabinet with the stationary needed to conduct an effective meeting.
Once you're ready, host a casual meeting to test out the functionality of your space and get feedback from your coworkers. The odds are, you've just completed a boardroom remodel that you can be proud of.